My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Life Expectancy = 86.44 years - August 14, 2012

I went to Dr. Hopkins yesterday and that was great. Even though there are problems with my blood-work - that’s nothing new and in fact things have gotten better in an area or two. He had a cancelation and so he was able to spend more time with me than usual, which was my prayer on the way there. He was very happy to hear that I am going to Cancer Treatment Centers of America. In fact, there is a skinny black man who has stomach cancer that I had met at Dr, Hopkins office about 2 months ago, that was really nice and he told me about how Dr. Hopkins has changed his life and how the cancer is shrinking. Anyway, that same man, Dr. Mark told me goes to the ACTC in Oklahoma for treatment and he works with them to this man’s case. That was encouraging!


After my appointment with Dr. Mark I went down the hall to get my detox, and it is always good to see the black metals and the green prescriptions coming out of my body in the water that my feet are soaking in.  Then I proceeded to spend around $350 on medicines and power protein drinks to last me the month. Once again, this wasn’t paid with our money, but an incredible financial donation from a couple that felt the Lord wanted me to have $5000 credit with Dr. Mark! What a huge blessing it has been to not only have the appointments, treatments, supplements, and education, but also the encouragement and prayers form the people there. I can’t image dealing with cancer without this huge help from the Lord.

Just in talking to Dr. Mark, I mentioned that I was scared because of certain symptoms and he thinks it is my body just being worn down and my high levels of work and stress the last few weeks. He said to take this and that and do this and that and so I am hopeful that I will be better within a few days. He was encouraging and said he didn’t think I was going anywhere anytime soon. As I was in the detox chair the woman that took care of me and I visited. You always visit with the people there - they are wonderful! Anyways, I was able to help her with the name of my urologist/ gynecologist and she said she felt it was a divine appointment because she was about to have the mesh put in and I was able to discuss all the ramifications it can have and she was very grateful for our talk.

The discussion turned to spiritual things, which it usually does, and I told her about my upcoming week and the fact that I was a bit nervous about the idea of this possibly being my last birthday, which she agreed with Mark (my hubby) that this was an attack from Satan and I can’t think like that. Sometimes capturing certain thoughts is easier than others are. I was thinking of Deanna, the woman that died about a week and a half ago of cancer that was only 41. This whole new idea, since last week, of being sacred is a new one that I haven’t had in months and so I need to squash it now. The woman whose name I can’t remember said to read a passage (which I can't remember) from Deuteronomy, which I pulled up on my phone and read. We disussed life and what the Bible has to say about living, death, life expectancy and such. Obviously this was not too lengthy as the treatment is around 25 minutes, but it was good.

I just have to live each day the best I can. We all have to do that. I do think that when you have the cancer cloud overhead, it can sometimes make it more difficult as times especially when you are anxious about upcoming tests and such. I am trying to take each though captive, focus on what is good, and true as I start my day today.

I took a mortality test to determine what it thinks my life expectancy to be and it’s pretty good. No, I don’t put much stock in this as I did it just for fun. No one knows my expiration date here on earth, but I do know I have accepted Christ as my savior and I will forever with Him, and so death really should not even be a part of my vocabulary. I’ll just leave and go to a different place when my time on this earth is deemed to be over by God. The woman from yesterday said I should look at my birthday as my year of healing my cancer and not as a year I could possibly die. I think she is quite right and so I am focusing on that today.

I’m going to change my thought of Deanna’s death from sad to thankful. Her husband when asked of his wife’s death a week and a half later says he is focusing on the good times they had with her and the blessing that she was in their lives and are thankful for the time they had with her. I am going to do the same with my life today. I am going to chose to be grateful and focus on the good times. and be thankful for today.

Morality Test: http://gosset.wharton.upenn.edu/mortality/perl/CalcForm.html

My results:

Life Expectancy:
Lower Quartile: 79.64 years (75% chance you will live longer than this)
Median Lifetime: 88.76 years (50% chance you will live longer than this)
Upper Quartile: 95.56 years (25% chance you will live longer than this)

Of course it doesn’t ask if you yourself have cancer.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present you requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7)"

Anyways that's my early morning thoughts.  Please pray for me and the many things going on right now.

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Karri

2 comments:

  1. HI Mrs. Karri Happy Birthday!!!!!! And the blog was amazing! hope you had a great day!!!!!! :) <3 Love ya!!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Kesleigh! Thanks so much!
    Say Hi to yo mama for me

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.