My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Friday, December 21, 2012

Preventing Breast Cancer - December 21, 2012

20 Ways to Prevent Breast Cancer


1. Wear loose fitting clothing - cotton bras with no wire, if you must wear a bra, then limit your time wearing it.

2. Don't wear antiperspirant, wear deoderant only - Jason's or Tom's from Wholefoods

3. Limit you amounts of caffine, sugar and alcohol and red meats.

4. Drink clean water from glass containers or even ceramic or stainless steel, but stay away from plastic. Plastics has been known to contributre to female cancers.

5. Eat a a healthy diet - high in vegetables - the less cooked and  bright colors the better.

6. Get plenty of high quality omega 3 fats such as cod liver oil. I take 12 capsules a day!

7. If you have a baby, breast feed for at least 6 months - this lessens your chances of getting breast cancer.

8. Get annual chek- ups - thermograms are best.

9. Stay away from hormore therapy.

10. Get at least 10 - 15 minutes of vitamin K sunshine a day.

11. Stay away from stress the best you can. Create space and time to foster a postive outlook and peaceful lifestyle.

12. Pray and keep a strong relationship with God and His people.

13. Stay away from electrical pollution the best you can. Power lines, microwaves, computers and such mess with your body's electro- magnetic energy.

14. Do not drink cow or goat milk. Instead drink cocnut milk, almond milk and others that are not from animals.

15. Stay away from soy products.

16. Clean with natural products.  I buy organic and nautural cleaning products for everything! Lysol has been replaced by vinegar.

17. Consider what you put on your bodys as far as lotions, make- up, medicinesm etc.. Everything affects you, even if you cannot see it. I now use organic products.

18. Limit you intake of medications, even overthe counter medicines. Herbal and organic is best.

19. Drink more water. You should drink half of your body weight in ounces. So if you weigh 140 you should drink at least 70 oz. of water a day. This helps cleanse yoru body of toxins.

20. Recharge, by getting enough rest and sleep. Take vaccations and enjoy your life with fun and laughter.

Blessings,
Karri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.