My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Bible - cancer and healing - April 24, 2012

The other day I wrote that I would try and educate the readers just a bit more on cancer, chemo, etc. and so where better to start than the word of God.

The Bible does not say anything specifically about the disease of cancer. However, that does not mean that it does not address the issue of diseases. King Hezekiah was sick from a "boil" (2 Kings 20:6-8), which could have in reality been cancer under a different name.

So although the word cancer is not in Scripture there are incidences where the circumstance could very well have been cancer. When Jesus was on earth He healed all the diseases that were brought (obviously that could include cancer) to Him as a sign to the Jews that He was their Messiah. However, cancer—like all disease is a result of the curse of sin upon the world. In Genesis 3:17 we read, "cursed is the ground for thy sake." The word is better translated "earth." The earth has been cursed because of sin and all men die—we all return to dust and the method of death may be from disease that is a natural outcome of the curse upon the earth. Diseases are not "punishment." They are a result of living in a fallen world and upon a cursed earth, and believer and unbeliever alike develop cancer and other diseases that lead to death. We need to remember that in the life of the believer, God "works all things together for good" (Romans 8:28) and that includes cancer.

The wonderful thing is that even though in this life on the cursed earth where we are subject to diseases like cancer, we have hope. Psalm 103 has a wonderful passage that gives us a confident assurance that there will be an end to the ills of this world. Psalm 103:1-4: "Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion."



Does this passage mean that we are guaranteed that God will heal us of cancer or other diseases in this life? No, that is not the meaning of this passage. Rather, the same God who forgives us our sin will one day bring us to a place He has prepared for us (Matthew 25:34). His redemption preserves us from destruction, and then there will be no more curse and no more disease and no more death and we will be forever crowned with His goodness and grace. The final victory over the curse of sin is already ours in Christ.

Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.

3 John 1:2.  

God says, “I am the Lord who heals you.” Exodus 15:26
“I will take away sickness from among you. . .” Exodus 23:25,26
“He forgives all my sins and heals ALL my Diseases.” Psalm 103:3
“I will give you back your health again and heal your wounds.” Jeremiah 30:17
“The Lord will remove from you all sickness. . .” Deuteronomy 7:15
“My counsel shall stand, and I WILL do ALL my pleasure.: Isaiah 46:10
“Yes, I have spoken it. I will also bring it to Pass. I have purposed it. I will also do it.” Isaiah 46:11
“God cannot lie.” Titus 1:2
“I am the Lord: I will speak, and the word that I shall speak shall come to pass. Ezekiel 12:25

Isaiah 41:10- Look to God's Promises for Strength
'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

Psalm 18:2 - Take refuge in the Lord!
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 34:18 - Take comfort in the Lord
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, And saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Galatians 6:9 - Continue working for the Lord
And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.

Psalm 23 - Do not Fear He is with you
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 27:14 - Show Courage by Waiting on the Lord
Wait for the LORD; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

Jeremiah 29:11-12 - God has a Plan!
'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

John 14:27 Be at Peace
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

Revelation 21:4 - Be Heavenly Minded for Hope
and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

James 1:12 - Show Perseverance
Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

By the way, when Jesus was on earth, He never referred anyone to a physician, even Luke. When Jesus was on earth he healed the person directly and personally. And He healed him either with His Word – which we have today, in the form of the Bible – or He healed him with natural methods – clay, water, etc.

Blessings
Karri

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing this. I went looking for encouragement today after a low moment. I wait to see my doctor again today and am expecting more bad news as he called to see me within a few hours of a medical test where the technician seemed very concerned. I have NH Lymphoma and am awaiting a treatment plan. Perhaps I have a secondary cancer as well. I really needed to be refocused and as I write I have an audio version of Psalm 119 playing. Thank you for the other verses. Hope you are doing well. The Lord bless you! PM in western Canada

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.