My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Thursday, February 23, 2012

What God has given me through cancer - Feb 23, 2012

What God has already given me through Cancer (8 weeks since being diagnosed)

1.     God has given me promises as His child that I have always had, but rely more heavily on now. 

2.   God has given me a new opportunity to see the body of Christ at work through prayer, energy, use of talents, gifts and financial help, which all has been generously poured out to our family in this time of need. (1 Cor. 1:10)

3.    God has given me many opportunities to humble myself and receive. This has been one of the most difficult things for me, but I am learning to take gifts as the Lord’s provision for me, as the Lord knows I am so undeserving. Yet, He still pours out much grace to me and it sometimes takes my breath away when I think of it. 

4.    God has given me a husband that is so sweet and is working so hard to meet all the different new needs of his family. He has risen up in the storm to be an even better protector, father and friend. What an awesome thing to see him grow during this period. 

5.    God has given me many opportunities to meet others going through similar situations in offices, hospitals, labs, etc. and time to talk about God, my worldview and discuss how I am handling things. 

6.    God has given me the opportunity to meet and visit with helpful and understanding people that have been close to cancer either themselves or have had family members or friends whom had cancer. These people have reached out to me to share what they have learned and I have learned so much from them. 

7.    God has given me strong true friendships and He has (with only the way God can) provided exactly who I have needed at each step along the journey. When His hand is so obvious, when the perfect person is sitting on your bed at your feet listening to you and giving their words of wisdom or weather we are out and about and praying in the car and the person says just the right thing or weather a kid makes me smile at just the right time, His providential hands are super caring and overwhelmingly felt.  

8.    God has given me an opportunity to know and understand chemotherapy and what is involved. I hope someday I can encourage another woman going through this. I believe that experience is more important than anything else, when learning and practicing life. I would have never been able to help someone as well as I can now, and I am sure that the longer I go through this the more educated and experienced I will become.

9.    God has given me an opportunity to receive and understand a bit of acupuncture and why it works. I really enjoy this and feel the positive effect it has on my body. 

10.  God has allowed me to learn about different types of treatments. He worked it out where I have been introduced me to new people, books, websites. etc. It’s all very exciting and quite honestly fascinating. I know more about nutrition and health than before. I have learned more about how our bodies process foods, Ph balance, biological dentistry, and even the magnetic charge we all have within our bodies. I love learning and so this is great for me. 

11.  God has improved my health. My PH level this morning was 6.4 after a day or chemo which is crazy good. I have supplements which I take which make me feel better, My diet has helped me to lose around 11 lbs and I have no doubt that I will win this cancer battle and be just fine. It may take a year or more and it will be difficult I am sure, however I will have this list to come back to remind me if I ever get down that my God is for me, with me and totally capable.

12. God has given me the peace that passes understanding and he is working on my patience and helping me take each day step by step.  (Phil. 4;7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.