My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Friday, August 17, 2012

Faith, Fear and Belief - August 17, 2012


So, we are in Chicago, actually Zion which is about an hour and a half away.  I am loving spending time away from the heat and with my hubby. The weather is amazing, the people are so sweet, the town is adorable and I even like our hotel! I have been giddy and smiling the whole time, because, well it has just been fun. Mark and I have talked, laughed, taken pictures, and enjoyed our time alone.


The plane ride was good and I enjoyed the conversation with a man, a lawyer who lives in the Meyerland neighborhood. Mark and I were picked up by Bart, our limo driver who was willing to take us anywhere, but we requested just the hotel.  Bart said that the Illinois campus was the first built and that the same doctors work here and that many people weather their insurance covers them somewhere else or not come here just for the doctors and so that was good to hear.  

The hotel was remodeled last year and is very nice. We got in around 5:30 and so we had the evening to get to know the town. We did a lot of walking. There was a sweet farmers market still going on which we walked to, and then there are parks everywhere and just walking up and down the main strip our hotel is on has been fun.  We ate deep-dish pizza for dinner a whole in the wall pizzeria and it was okay, but we really want to take the train into Chicago at some point and try another place.

I am frustrated with my brain at this point; I guess it’s the stress or excitement that has been really doing a number on my sleep needs and preventing more than 4 hours for the last few days. I went to bed at 10:00 and I got up at 2:30 and I have been trying to go back to sleep since but it’s now 5:42 and I have to take my shower at 6:30 to get over believe to the hospital at 7:30 for tests. There is an adorable coffee shop right across the street and it opens at 7:00, and so my plan is to hit that and then we will wait for the shuttle that picks up here at the hotel every 20 minutes. The hotel is only about 3 blocks away but we have done a lot of walking and don’t want to be late.

I sit up praying that I will be one of those miracle cases and that all the cancer will be completely gone when they run the MRI and PET scans and such. I have 3 appointments scheduled already and so we will see how this goes.  I am anxious, nervous and excited all at the same time.

I have faith that I can be healed, but I fear I may not be and I believe that God is in control.

I have faith that today can be a great day, but I fear it may not and I that God is in control.

I have faith that miracles happen, but I fear I may not know that personally, but I believe that God is in control.

Please pray for God’s will to be done today and every day. I plan to write more regularly while I am away since so many friends and family want to know how things are going.

Love and Blessings,

Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.