My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Remembering Loved Ones - February 28, 2013

Please watch the video first.


One Sweet Day by Boyz to Men and Mariah Carey (1997)

Lately for reasons only know by the Trinity, I have hear and had many conversations about death lately. Three people I know have lost loved ones within the last month as Sharon lost her father-in- law earlier this week. I have turned on the TV at just the right times to hear pastors discussing death and heaven and the song I posted above came up on my search the other day when I wasn’t looking for anything related. I had a conversation with another friend a couple days ago and she told me that there are two books she has read and recommends, that are actually helping her now with the death of her brother. The Other Side of Death by J. Sidlow Baxter - http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0825421586/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link and Heaven by Randy Alcorn – http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Randy-Alcorn/dp/0842379428.
I don’t really believe in coincidence. I believe in providence and God’s divine control and planning and so when, within these last couple days many things keep popping up on this subject, I know it’s the Lord nudging me to look and examine it further.
I feel sad that the Holy Spirit has asked me to do other things in the past but I haven’t done them. One I am sure about is the nudging to look up and understand cancer. In fact I had it on a list of things to research, but I kept putting it off even though I knew I was supposed to. I believe now that had I done it when asked, the warning signs I had of cancer would have been obvious to me and I would have gone to the doctors earlier and perhaps preventing my needing all the treatment I received.   

I haven’t had many friends or family die in my life, other than grandparents that you would expect to pass and one of Mark’s friends from high school that was shot at a club one night at a pretty young age – that’s it. I did walk in the room when my grandmother had just died the night before and I was the first to see her body lying there and I will say that is something I will never forget. She was gone and there was the smell of death in the room. I knew immediately that she wasn’t on this earth anymore even though her body lay in front of me. I had flown almost eight months pregnant with Hannah (now 15) to Dallas to see her and two days later she died.

Anyways, I am sharing this all with you as I am hoping that if any of you need to read these articles or head the Holy Spirit’s direction in your life that I can encourage you to do just that.

We are off from school for the next two weeks as we have creation seminars and spring break and so I am planning on heading over to Mardel’s later today and reading one of these books soon.

I hope you have a great day and enjoy your life the best you can.
Blessings,
Karri 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.