My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Doing Great! Feb 17, 2012

So, since my last post, I took a pill, slept great, and then figured out that it was certain new drug from the acupuncturist that I was taking in order to get off Ritalin. BTW my acupuncturist is also a biologist and chemist and so she's one smart cookie with all her Chinese medicine background included. I can't recommend her enough. Anyways, I have been great since decreasing the dosage. That was way too much energy! ha ha ha.

Much has happened. I have talked to lots of people; learned lots had many meeting, etc. However, it's all way too much to write about. The main thing right now is I feel great! Having chemo was a great thing for me even if it's only for one week off. I needed/ wanted to step back, reflect and just be normal for a while. Everything this week was standard except from Wed - today, because no there was no chemo and no shot and so whoopee I am thrilled!

My friend Helen came over at 4:00 and was shocked that I looked so I much better and had so much energy. Much of that was due to make- up and the fact that I had sat in a school planning meeting for 3 hours on my couch. Anyways, it was great this morning I went to the hospital to get my records, went to Sam's for food and cupcakes for Holly's class which I took up to CC (since this week the younger group of kids which I am the director of was on break today) and I hosted a meeting. I have done laundry, dealt with a very fussy 2 year old boy and we even have another kid here, since Hannah has gone to Oklahoma we needed to fill the gap, and so Sarah Joy is staying over. Mark just informed me that for the last 5 weeks that one or more kids have spent the night. What we say, we love our kids friends and are so happy we can hand pick them.

We still don't know what we are doing for Holly's 13th birthday on Sunday, but she'll be o.k., we'll figure it out. She got a cute cupcake Scentsy holder with wax from Courtney Herrera today and she was happy about that, especially since her room is decorated in a cupcake theme.

I feel very blessed and I am so glad I am taking things day by day. I am going to call MD Anderson on Monday to try to get in. I will do chemo with Dr. Noqvi this week sometime just have to figure out when the best time is. Monday morning I'm going to Dr. Hopkins for a 7:45 appointment. It takes about 40 minutes - 1 hour usually with traffic and so that's yucky, but it's always well worth it. After that app., I am going with my friend Brenda to see another one of the NAUMS schools that we are visiting and learning from, in order to start our new school here in Katy. I am pumped about it and most happy when thinking and planning for things rather than focusing on cancer and all the treatments and such.

I guess that's it for now. I have clothes to fold and Mark had to go buy part of a toilet and put that back in since we have a ZuZu toy hamster stuck in ours (one of the little boys no doubt) and so that's our fun Friday night. I hope you are doing well and have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Karri,
    I went to bed praying for you last night. I hope you have a blessed and restful weekend.



Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.