My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Thursday, October 03, 2013

Keeping up with Karri - Oct 3, 2014

I post personal things here for about a week and then I delete them so that new visitors can get what is really important which is help in the areas of cancer prevention and wellness.

I want you to check out the resources on the right side as I think this has some great and valuable information. I will continue to add to this awesome list.

One thing I have found very helpful in my life is Pinterest. Even way back in 1989 I was ripping articles out of magazines and taking them home and putting them in a binder. This grew to about 12 binders that were organized by everything from marriage and child raising articles to recipes and vacation ideas. About two years ago I found Pinterest which is my system new and improved.
You create boards and title them whatever you want and then you pin information pertaining to your board there from the web or from others pinterest pages. This is very helpful in organizing. I use my Pinterest information constantly. My favorite and most used is my music boards in which I am currently listening to as I type.This is what I am listening to right now - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/2533343512991544/  I usually have one Pinterest page up on a sperate tab and whatever else I am doing and that way I can just click back over on my music videos and listen to whatever songs I have posted. 

Anyways, I have some boards there (www.Pinterest.com) with information for overall health and cancer prevention, diet, exercise, etc. and I am constantly finding blogs, websites and helpful information that I am posting to these boards. I suggest that you join Pinterest if you haven't already and that you follow my boards to get updated on what I am posting and that way I can easily share the research and ideas I find.

New song - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/2533343512775352/

I am kinda weird in the way I use Pinterest in that I follow nobody, yes not even my own children as I just want to get my own information usually from my own searches on the web instead of from other people. Hannah (16) can't understand how I have 935 followers for what she and her sisters say is boring stuff (generational gap). They love getting new followers and so if you want you can check out Hannah page too that would be great. http://www.pinterest.com/hannahfigs


Here's the board I think my blog followers will like the most. 
http://www.pinterest.com/karri_fieglein/healthy-living-and-cancer-prevention/

New song - http://www.pinterest.com/pin/2533343512747374/

I hope this helps y'all out a bit
Blessings,
Karri

P.S. Please pray for our board meeting tonight as there's much to be decided as we prepare for next year with our growing school. (www.CovenantPrepKaty.org)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.