My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Truth About Cancer - March 20, 2013


I found this list on cancer on Facebook and amended it to be accurate as there were many things that were incorrect. This was a perfect example of misinformation and I highly suggest that you really research things and get the facts before you blindly swallow any information – no matter who it is coming from.

Please do not become overwhelmed when you read lists like this. You won’t die if you enjoy a nice steak, dessert and a glass of wine. Everything should just be in moderation. No matter what, God is always in control.

Check out some of my other posts about cancer on the right side of the page.

Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
There are hundreds of types of cancer cells. Even in breast cancer there are many different types of cancer cells. They look different under the microscope, grow at different rates and react to certain things differently and this is why curing cancer in general is so difficult. Some cancers react to alcohol, sugar and soy for instance while some don’t see hardly any growth from these things. Unless you are very familiar with your specific type of cancer and know these things it’s best to be preventative and just stay away from the things that could cause cancer to grow.
In general, when a person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will shrink and hopefully striving to stay healthy will prevent cancer from multiplying and forming tumors.
When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.

To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system. Supplements can build up the immune system; however you should see a holistic doctor before starting any supplements on your own. I recommend www.yoursecreattowellness.com

Sugar can also cause the smart adaptable cancer cells to divide and conquer, spreading even further. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame are harmful. A better natural substitute would be Agave or honey.

Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Use Pink Himalayan salt instead

Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Mucus makes it more difficult for the body to process things the way it should which can help aid cancer growth.

Soy products have been shown to increase certain types of cancer cells, especially ones that are hormone sensitive. To be safe stay away from them, especially from Chinese soy sauce.

Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer. Always buy organic.

A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetables provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells.

Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. White and green teas are better alternatives that have cancer-fighting properties.

Purified water is the best thing to drink. Stay away from water in plastic bottles as the plastic itself has harmful cancer growing properties. Drink out of glass as often as possible.

Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines and can lead to more toxic buildup.

A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior get better

Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.

Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.

When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.

That’s it for this post. Have a great day and please consider leaving me comment. This blog gets 200 -300 hits a day and no one has left me a comment in of over a month!

Karri



4 comments:

  1. I love al your postings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good information, Karri! I have been on a vegetarian diet since Christmas, except that I have salmon about once per week. I feel better now than I have in years, and over the past eight months, I have lost 27 pounds. Actually, I am enjoying this new diet, and I plan to stay on it forever now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started seeing Dr. Hopkins for a much more minor issue. Glad to hear you recommend him, and I have found your posts very interesting. Thank you for sharing all this in the midst of raising your children and struggling with cancer. (I found your blog through G-HAH)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there. Please tell Dr.Mark that I referred you so I can get the $10 referral thank you. As you know it's pricey. I spend an average of $250 per month.
    Thanks!
    Karri

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.