Every blessing you pour out I'll turn back to praise. Those are the words to the song I'm starting this post off with because this is where I am in life. We all have so much to be thankful for and blessing the Lord for. I love the words of this song. One sentence in particular for those fighting cancer; "You give and take away." God is in control and He gives and He takes away too. I am living proof of God's ability to take away cancer.
Blessed Be Your Name
Life has been going great and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at times with the vast blessings that the Lord chooses to bestow upon my family. I will give just a quick update on things for those that keep up with the blog.
Sunday afternoon through Wednesday our family just hung out got caught up on household things and I got the chance to have separate dinners with two of my friends. Thursday & Friday we went to creation seminars at Texas Christian High school and that was a lot of fun because we had a slumber party Thursday night as well for the girls that went. It was a fast and exciting week over all.
This week we are on Spring Break and as much as I should be happy about that I love school so much that I will be missing many of the teachers and students since we are having two weeks off in total. I’m not sure what we are going to do but it may just be small things here and there – perhaps a day trip to the outlet stores as the girls want to go to the Nike store for shorts, perhaps we’ll go to a movie, maybe do some hiking and go to parks and such. Holly and Hope are at am overnight lock-in at church starting their break off with a lot of fun with friends. No matter what we all do, I am sure we’ll have fun.
Some pretty cool things:
1. We got our cruise insurance money back finally – yeah! Check for $1100
2. We paid off our 401K loan and so now we have extra money each month – Yippee.
3. We finally completed our taxes and so that check will help us out with things we have wanted to take care of.
4. Some guy offered to buy our 12 passenger van and so we are selling it to him on Friday. We are going to get Mark a new (used) car and then spend some time looking for just the right large vehicle for the whole family.
5. We went to many garage sales on Saturday and hit the jackpot on many things and so I am thrilled about those things and the great bargaining abilities that Lord has given me. We got a bike for $15, an old copper fire extinguisher lamp for $15 and two awesome pictures for the house for $17. I am still super happy about all of that.
6. We also went to Lowes and went to their 75% off area and stocked up big time and so we will be doing some major gardening this week, which we really need to do.
7. Hannah is going to looking into getting her drivers permit soon and she’s super excited about that of course. I am just as excited. She’s a super fast learner and responsible and so no worries here.
8. Hannah also got accepted to go on our church mission’s trip to Spain and so that’s great too. If you’d like to help out that would be great! She has to earn $1200 to pay for her part of the expenses as it is a two week trip. She went last year and it made a great impact on her and I am certain she make a positive impact for the Lord. They (the group of around 12) run two English speaking week long camps for students and they get the opportunity to share Jesus with them. Our address is 20403 Amberlight Lane and you can make the check out to Bridgepoint Bible Church and put for Hannah’s missions trip in the memo area if you are interested in supporting her and her efforts. We will take the check up to the church and they will send you tax deduction form. Thanks in advance for any and all contributions.
9. We got a puppy. No, we weren’t in the market at all. Hudson was invited to a little friend’s birthday and when I told him he said “Will she give me a little puppy?” We all laughed and thought it was cute, but decided to take him to Citizen’s for Animal Protection (CAP) to just look at the dogs. Well two days later and we are picking up out 3 pound 8 week old male mix with Chihuahua after he gets neutered tomorrow.
10. We are almost done with our kitchen remodel. The backsplash gets installed this week and I am so excited. Four years in the making, $17,000 and a bunch of sweat equity and we are almost there! Yippee
Well that’s about it for now.
Thanks for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes.