My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Thursday, January 10, 2013

God Has This - January 10, 2013

Life has been faster paced than usual. Life is great and exciting, but fast! I have been interviewing for teaching positions at Covenant as five teachers left after the first semester! No worries - it’s all good. In fact, I believe that God had a different plan all along and he is providing quite nicely. However, with the unexpected changes came more work for me; we had a month long break and I have had to rush around recently in order to prepare for classes starting up on Monday. I am so excited about the new teachers, the decisions being made, and the school’s future, that I sometimes just shout aloud for joy. My kids love it when I get so happy and excited that I loudly give my praises to the Lord.
Speaking of changes, another educational decision we recently made was to take Hope out of public school, which we will do on Friday. In a nutshell, we just think this is what is best for her. So this year after putting three kids in public school, only one (Harrison) remains. I am assuming at this time, that he will stay through the end of the year.  
I think since I like numbers so much I’ll continue from here with the dates of upcoming January happenings:
10th – I have testing today. I go to Dr. Hopkins at 10:30 and then to Methodist to get a MRI, Pet scan and ultrasound done and I’ll be in testing till around 5:00. Please pray that things go okay at the house while I am gone and the kids are on their own and obviously for no signs of cancer to show up at all. I am hoping I can have dinner with a friend of mine afterwards and that will be fun.  

11th – I have blood work and a bone density test to be done at the hospital in the morning
12th – 13th – I will be working to get the house in order and things ready for school starting up.
14th – First day of the spring semester and Hope’s first day coming up to school with us and so this will be a fun transition.

16th – School again and ripping out our countertops because on the…..
17th – Our kitchen will be getting a new oven, stovetop and countertops! Yippee!

18th – Hope’s 12th Birthday!
19th – Hayden’s 6th Birthday! In addition, Mark and I are leaving on a cruise! Yes, you heard me right, a cruise! We are going to Mexico on a 5 – day Carnival cruise ship.  We will be having Hayden’s and Hope’s birthday celebrations probably sometime this weekend. We really have not had much time to talk about it all yet.

24th – Is when we come back from our trip and we are hoping that we can settle in quickly. I hope that the house isn’t trashed while we are gone.
25th – My follow up appointment with Dr. Patel - we will go over the results of my tests.

So that gets you quite caught up with my life and the excitement of it all. To back track a bit before leaving though, I started a new Bible study last night called Roots.  I sat next to a woman that has Multiple Sclerosis and I talked to her briefly during our break and found out that she has had the disease for 12 years and that she was unable to walk for 3 years. She was bound to a wheelchair and then was healed and now walking pretty good. It was just what I needed to hear. God had her sit next to me and tell me that so that all day long today during my tests I could remember God Heals! I know He has healed me and I know he has healed others, but it was just good to be reminded of His goodness.
In my experience, I have found that often when you have cancer and are doing the tests to check for growth, the radiologist and other medical technicians often feel for you and want to help you with anything information they can provide if you request it. Of course are not the doctors and so they can’t say what things are they just cam point out spots, questionable areas and such. Today, I think I am not going to ask, as I usually do. I don’t need to worry about things. I am going on vacation and I want to enjoy myself and not think about if possibly there is cancer.

I saw my pastor and another man talking in the hall as we were finally leaving the church at 9:30 last night and I just quickly ran up and asked them if they would pray for good “negative results.” on the tests today.  I said I could use as many prayer warriors as possible and our sweet pastor even stopped to write it down. Anyways I am covered by the prayers of many loved ones and better than that,  I am covered with the blood of Jesus and so good or bad, God has this.

Thanks for listening!
Blessing and have a great day!
Karri 

1 comment:

  1. Karri,
    I continue to pray for you my friend. I am so excited that you and Mark are going to have this time away together. May the Lord bless you.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.