My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Grateful Beyond Words - December 20, 1212

I finally went to sleep at almost 12, the rain woke me up at 2, and now I’ve come to type so that I can stop thinking about some negative things that have happened in my life and in society lately. I can type to get my thoughts out and even head to scriptures and the Lord during these times. I can do more than “talk” to God; I can listen to Him this morning through the Bible and His Holy Spirit. What blessings!
I am so thankful to God for my many blessings and even the negative things that happen in my life. Each sad or hurtful experience is a learning opportunity and I am so thankful that God has given me the ability to grow in times of adversity. Adversity for Christians is what makes us strong in the Lord as we depend on Him and His perfect guidance through different curcumstances. I really have no idea how those that do not have the Lord make it through life, as He is my Rock and comforter.

I know that there are many people in life, that when negative things happen they cry out “God why didn’t things go my way?”, “How come this is happening? and “This isn’t fair!” just like I used to. It gives me such peace to know the answers to these questions are that God is soverign, this is happening because God is allowing it for my benefit and life isn't fair.

I like what Charles Stanley says about pain and suffering.
 

This morning I am thanking God for the wise counsel of those God has placed in my life. There is an older woman named Barbara that has been giving counsel for about a year. She is full of wisdom and grace. She has many more years of life experienced than I do and each time I talk with her I come away with more understanding and different perspective. I have a friend Gretchen that is about my age. She has many different life experiences than I have had and even though the situations and circumstances may be very different, she always seems to quote scripture and remind me of God’s love and be able to draw comparisons in how to respond. I could, of course go on and on with people that the Lord has put in my life as helpers for His goal of making me more Christ – like. I am so blessed.


I am a sinner through and through, I will sin time and time again and I will ask for forgiveness time and time again. I hope that I will continue to learn through the trials and make better decisions in the future. I hope that God will be able to use me to counsel others and have positive impact on others.
"Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing." 1 Peter 3:8-9
“Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.” Colossians 3:12-13
What powerful words! Today I will continue to search His truths and hold tight to my Rock and Savior through whatever trials come my way.
With only five days to Christmas, I hope and pray that all my readers will remember that Jesus is the reason for the season, with Him even the impossible is possible, and that God loves you more than you'll ever know; even if it sometimes feels that He has left you. God cares for you and wants the best for you and he knew that you would be exactly where you are in life before you were born. How comforting to know that we can trust in the Lord.
I pray you will allow yourself to be blessed even through your circumstances today. Do not blame the Lord, harden your heart, become anger and bitter at God or others, please instead try to learn from your trials and persevere.
Blessings,
Karri



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.