My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Part Two of Why I am so Thankful for Cancer - 6 months after being diagnosed

Please allow me to continue to skip around as I try to remember the major changes as there are many and what the heck, it’s 4:45 in the morning as I type this and I have been up since 3:30! Where does the time go?  Part One was about 4 or 5 posts back and so, if you haven’t read that you may want to do that first.


Previously, I never gave much thought to electrical magnetic currents/ waves, etc., other than realizing sitting too close to the TV could make you sterile, which may or may not be true,  I just remember my mom yelling that to my brother back in the seventies and thinking he could care less and does he even know what sterile means! That and the idea that perhaps standing next to the microwave wasn’t good for you.   Now, I realize that yes, your body is has its own electricity and negative and positive charge and that this is all very important. Now I don’t claim to know it all when it comes to this, but there is plenty of factual data backing up what I am about to tell you and so here are the changes I have made regarding this and how it has changed my life and my family members lives.
So anyways, previously we microwaved all the time and we did it especially for the 2 year old as he was a spoiled babe and he wanted his milk bottle and then sippy cup heated up and well, now we never do that. In fact we hardly ever use our microwave. We bought one of those little counter size  ovens/broilers and use that and besides its super cool when you are making baked okra for one to have this handy little kitchen helper than to use the whole big oven and waste electricity and heat your kitchen. The microwave sucks out the nutrients from your food and honestly heating your food in general does but this doesn’t have the same micro biotic effects as the super charged micro waves do. We also use a steamer more, which isn’t a lot, but we never used it before. If I am heating up something, I will always consider another option besides the microwave and that is not to say I didn’t stick hot dogs in there yesterday, but it’s always something I am aware of and try not to do. Note:  Try not to use the microwave and consider buying a little counter top oven; they are small and affordable I think mine was $35 and it will help your electric bill too.  Just be aware.

Now ,we also moved into a house 3 years with a giant electrical box thingy (ya it’s early -  don’t judge me and you know what I am talking about)  it’s up attached to a huge pole with all the electrical lines and every  5 plus houses  or so has one. Well long story short on this - the doctor (Hopkins) thought this could be a contributing cause to my cancer and so we have a little thing called the Total Shield sitting in our bedroom brought over from my sweet friend Beth that gave it to us as a present.  The technology was invented during the Cold War  thanks to one of my favorite presidents (Reagan of course) and it’s supposed to override/confuse the electromagnetic waves so that they are not so harmful. Whether or not it works or not well who knows, but it’s definitely something I am aware of and we keep on 24/ 7. Note: the Total shield is listed in my website section on the right side and so you can look it all up and see if you want one.
Now like I said I don’t claim by any means to understand all of this stuff and quite honestly and in this area I just don’t have the time to research and that’s where I have to start with telling you about the next thing that has changed. I wear a little magnet in my bra each day over the area where the tumors used to be. Yes, you are right they are still there but super small now, hopefully anyways - I need to get another PET scan and MRI. Anyways Dr. Hopkins said to wear it.  I asked him why and he said he didn’t have time to tell me and so I just trust him and hope its working. I do not get it, but I thought I would throw this out for anyone dealing with cancer that may want to talk to a holistic doctor about it. Note: Consider all the electromagnetic pollution in your life and start to educate yourself on the subject.

Anyways that brings me to a quick change of topic since that covers all the electric stuff I can think of for now - my bra. Yes, that is right - my bra. Each day I wear a bra expander strap, which provides looser bras than I wore before.  I found out that your lymph system does not like to be constrained and it prevents its working to its fullest to carry out your body’s toxins. My friend Beth brought me little expanders that you can buy at a fabric store or perhaps Wal – mart or that type store. They are small and inexpensive. They just loosen your bra a bit (an inch – three or four I think) so it is not choking your body and the natural ways that your body works are prohibited. I have read quite a bit on this and I will never go back. Of course, for my husband’s cousins wedding on Friday , I may wear a tighter fitting bra for a few hours that is better fitting and supportive in a nice dress or for something like that but that’s rare and only for a short period of time. Note: Get a bra expander and stop squeezing into too tight of bras and clothes. Consider being professionally fitted as well. I have done this several times and the average woman is wearing a bra size 1 -2 times too small. These boutique bras are a bit pricier but they are great quality and fit! Now for a confession, I hardly ever even wear a bra when I am not having people over or going out. We realized last night that we have had about 15 families over to our house in the last 3 days! Crazy I know, but our lives are just very active and we have many people over and we go out often.  Anyways, I look like a national geographic model after having breast fed 6 kids for 9 months to a year or more and not wearing a bra so I have wanted a reduction/ lift for some time now. I might have to get more than I bargained for with this whole cancer issue but oh well my point is that ladies you need to consider letting your lymph system breathe and going braless when you are at home. Note Think about your health over your comfort or convenience and go “free boobing” as we call it.
Okay so I do not want to overwhelm you and so I guess there will have to be a part 3 and perhaps even part 4 in the series. I hope and pray that this information is helping and that people will pass on the blog information to friends and family and check out the links I have on the right. Note: Pass on this blog, so hopefully this type information can help educate others.

Blessings
Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.