My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

July 3rd - 7:30 a.m. Surgery and Life Update

 It’s 2 a.m. and I am supposed to be getting up at 4:30 to get ready to head for the hospital for surgery to fix my bladder and everything.  They will be taking out the mesh and sling and repairing the damage caused by them including erosion and nerve damage and so it is a very big surgery and I am hoping and praying that everything goes smoothly and that pain is at a minimal. I trust my doctor (Dr. Sophie Fletcher) very much so, and I am certain she will do her best and just knowing that is a tremendous help to me.


I have been meaning to get back to the blog to write part 2 of why I am so blessed after getting my diagnosis 6 months ago, but life has been in the super fast drive and I haven’t had much extra time and so that will have to wait till I am up to it after the surgery.
For now, I will just give a quick update on life.

1.       Hannah is still in Spain, which is starting to get more difficult for me, as I have not been able to talk to her.  I did get a phone message and I heard that she spoke to Mark and Holly, but I am really missing my eldest baby even though I get e-mails with pictures and such it’s just not the same without her. She will not get back to Houston until the 12th. They only get 5 hours of sleep a night, and so they are very tired and so please pray for her and her group and the campers they are ministering to as well. I cannot wait to hear all about it and see the pictures she has taken with her new camera with 3-D capabilities that we will be able to look at on our 3-D TV. Technology is great!

2.       Pauline is back in France, and boy was that difficult. I cried at the airport as we said goodbye and I had a sad ride in the rain back home. I did not even feel like eating that night and my heart hurt, like back when my dog died. It was harder for me to say goodbye to our French exchange student than my own daughter headed to Spain, mostly because I do not know when I’ll see her again. She was just so sweet and fit in so nicely with our family and it made me want to adopt even more than ever.  In fact, the whole family with the exception of Mark has been taking about adoption, which has been talked in our home for the last 8 years or so. We will see if the Lord ever makes that dream a reality. Anyways, please pray for Pauline and her getting used to everything again as it is quite a lot for a 19 year old. In addition, please pray we will get to see her again and my sadness will go away quickly as I really miss her.

3.       I have some very exciting news about the educational program and school I started up. We are growing in numbers and things are going great!  Last week I had three meetings and so it was quite rushed and my poor hubby and kids had to leave Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights as I invited people in for an academic planning meeting, and two different informational meetings. Yesterday, the Lord total blessed us with a new facility in which to meet; Church of the Holy Apostles is a great church with an amazing staff and  an a welcoming and generous heart and so I am very enthusiastic about our campus meeting there on Mondays and Wednesdays. I actually called up to the church at 9:00 and by 1:30 I had toured the building for the second time with friends Shelley and Courtney, met some of the staff, explained the programs, picked out the spaces that would best suite our communities and signed the contract! The Lord really outdid Himself on this one, as the space is perfect, I even get four different storage spaces throughout the church, and if that isn’t enough they asked for a love offering instead of the $5500 plus we were being asked to pay everywhere else. We will still take a facility fee from families to ensure they are paid enough, but now we will not need to do fundraising and we have a place to grow in. Please thank the Lord for this huge blessing for us and pray for His obvious and continued favor for GIFT and Covenant.

I guess that it is for now, as I probably need to try to get a bit more sleep before the big day. Please pray for Mark, the kids, and the running of the house, as I am on bed rest.  Please pray for my patience, as I am not a person that enjoys lying in bed and taking things slow. Finally, yet importantly, please thank the Lord His obvious overwhelming love and support though everything for the Fieglein family and the many blessings that He has given us.

Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.