My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Steroid needed - March 3, 2012

I am of the opinion now, that if I continue chemo, which as of now I am, that I will need to take the steroid to decrease the swelling and pain in my body. My legs especially have been hurting and I took pain killers this morning for the 3rd day in a row. The WBC shot was Tuesday and I would have expected this pain to be gone by now, I have choosen to forgo the steroid since it increases weight gain and it can cause problems with organs.

I can really tell the difference now that I haven't been going to the acupuncturist and I am out of most of my supplements. They are sending me some more via the mail but  it's been about 3 - 4 days without some of the pills I have been taking and I can't imagine doing chemo without them. The aupuncture helped with pain too I think, since I haven't gone to her for a few weeks now and I have more pain. I am so greatful that I have been able to go the times I have and that I go to the holistic doctor on Thurday.

Yesterday my friend Helen  brought me some freshly sqeezed carrot juice. It was delicious and so I am thinking now about getting a juicer too. Some people have cured their cancers completly by drinking carrot juice exclusively, including a friend of Helen's. She drank it only for 3 months and got rid of the cancer in her eye. I have read so many stories and heard stories like this but there are so many things like this out there. How do you determine what is best for you and your type of cancer? It is a daunting task in itself.

Today I am taking Hannah to look for her spring formal  and run some errands, bank, stores, etc.

Mark and Hope are going to work on their cake for the Father / Daughter Bake - Off at church tomorrow. They are making the Tower of Bable - good luck with that.

Tonight I will be working on schooling stuff and planning and preping for a meeting on Tuesday night.

Hudson's doing much better - Thanks for the prayers.

Thanks about it.
Karri



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.