My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Friday, March 02, 2012

Quite Honestly - March 2, 2012

I am already tired of cancer and what I have been doing to “cure” it.  I never felt bad with cancer until I started doing chemo. I want a healthy strong body without any pain or weakness. I have had pain in my right side and especially my legs. The doctor gave me a prescription for a medicine to help with neuropathy and I think that’s just one more stinkin’ drug that is manmade that would most likely cause more problems, so I haven’t got it yet. I don’t want to have to take pain killers first thing in the morning, but that is what I did yesterday because I over did things on Wed. and so Thursday morning I was paying for it. I am taking 800 mg Motrin and I think it’s crazy! I had some chest pain at chemo on Wed. and the doctor wants me to go get another echocardiogram to make sure my heart is o.k. How crazy that what we are doing to rid my body of cancer is causing, and could continue to cause more problems throughout other parts of my body. None of this makes sense to me.
I personally would be happy quitting all chemo and just trying to go 100% holistic. I don’t like the whole fear factor thing that people have put on me saying that if I don’t do chemo the result will be growth of the cancer. The fact is nobody knows what tomorrow holds and nobody knows what God can do until he’s done it. I don’t even want to go to MD Anderson at this point for a second opinion as surely they will suggest chemo too. I want to see someone else that has a better plan of attack that works better for me. Sue Saba said she had a holistic doctor when she had cancer that was against chemo and I think I’d like to talk to him. I plan to call her today. Mark and I are trying to figure out our finances. I‘d love to get some test and reports and such, but we have to wait to figure out the money situation first.
Let me also point out at this time that just because my body is giving me issues, my brain and emotional health is just fine. I am able to go about my business and get things done. I am not an emotional wreck over here crying into my green smoothie.  I am living the best I can and will continue to, just like everyone else, day by day, for as long as I can. Sure I will have the physical need and issues, but this is all temporary and I will be fine.
I will continue to pray for guidance with treatment and look for alternative solutions. You can pray for healing of my body, everything from my chemo induced sore throat to my achy legs and neuropathy. You can pray that my heart will be strong and that my bladder issues from 2 ½ years go away. I was supposed to have surgery on Jan. 27th to take out the sling and mesh and the doctors said, no, do chemo instead since cancer erodes faster than the mesh. I am now wondering if that was a good idea too.
Thanks for your prayers and your help with things.

Blessings,
Karri






1 comment:

  1. Karri, your positive attitude and Christ centeredness are evident as I read your blog. Thank you for being an amazing example. Too many of us get burdened down, with big stuff and the small stuff! His Word and His Spirit are able to give us peace in all situations. Praying for His hand and His guidance as you navigate these difficult treatment decisions.
    Megan McClelland

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.