My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Saturday, March 31, 2012

On Christ the Solid Rock I stand - March 31, 2012

I have been gone to training with NAUMS (National Association University Model) for the last three days. It was amazing and unbelievable! God is always so full of more; it is hard to believe how all encompassing and spot on his plans are.  Brenda and I felt so overwhelmingly blessed to be a part of something so incredible with such amazing people with hearts for the Lord. Professionally, I have never felt the type of support and encouragement and genuine concern with a company or organization. I can’t even begin tell you what that means to me. To say that we were trained would be a huge understatement. We were prayed for, listened to and given wise counsel by lots of strong committed individuals that strong convictions and passion, and the food was excellent. There are so many helpful people that have so many ideas, suggestions and have done it all before with tons of experience to give us what works and what doesn’t with a lot of choices to choose from with the options of doing some things completely different. We definitely aren’t getting a boxed curriculum or a set agenda, but instead we have freedom to be spirit lead with our own autonomy, so we can get and do exactly what we want within loving and intelligent guidelines. I feel so much anticipation and excitement to see what God has in store.

We were in training till 9 p.m. the first two nights and yesterday till lunch. We stayed at Brenda’s sister’s house in the country and I really enjoyed the short time we had there as well. I woke up one morning and walked outside to  be face to face with a longhorn, horse, and goats with a beautiful sky above and so I took pictures like a tourist. It was very peaceful and relaxing. The whole trip was wonderful, but I have to say I really missed my family and I was happy to get back last night around 6:30. I am so blessed to have had lots of friends that took good care of my babies while I was gone.
We have a lot of praying to do when seeking the Lord’s timing for His plans for our new school (for 7th – 10th grades). We know without a doubt, that the Lord wants us to be here doing this, but as humans we always want to see the end product or at least a bit down the road. I think one of the biggest things is that this is a ministry, and so we will need to apply for our 501c3 status and waiting on that takes time as well as all the other paper work and logistical things that have to be done. It is definitely going to be a lot of hard work and sacrifice, especially with cancer on my plate still, but it’s much easier to do something when you know that the Lord has lead you to it and that He will take care of it. I know that with God all things are possible, no matter what the circumstances are. The peace that passes understanding comes from my Lord. He is my Rock.
I have blood work and chemo scheduled for Monday morning and at this time and that is currently all that is planned for right now. With NAUMS training I haven’t finished reading the Moss Report and so I need to get on that. I still am unsure about my having to do everything that my oncologist wants me to do. I want to call an integrated oncologist on Monday to just get a second opinion. Before the Moss Report I didn’t even know there was such a person that had training and expertise in holistic, traditional and alternative medicine available and so that’s exciting. If only time weren’t always such an issue.
I am a bit tired but that’s just because of a long week. For two weeks now I haven’t had to get my shots because my while blood count was high enough to not need it. What a blessing not to have the pain from that. I do have some soreness in and around my armpit and down my back a bit and the underside of my arm. I’m not sure what that is from – it could be just muscular.  A friend e-mailed me just this morning; she’s been going to Dr. Pollack, (my surgeon) but has been frustrated with her care and unable to find out what was causing her issues. She went to a new doctor that was able to quickly diagnosis and perform surgery and my friend is now on her way to recovery.  What a relief. I was actually watching a PBS program at Brenda’s sister’s house and they were talking about how Sloan Kettering institute can now check a person’s genes (DNA) and see if they will benefit best from chemo, pills, alternative treatments, etc. I was only watching the show for about 5 minutes before this info came on and I feel I must check it out. Perhaps I can’t get the treatment/ do what I want, but I want to at least look into things first.
Today we will be cleaning, running errands and just hanging out around the house. The guys from the Sunday school class at Kingsland will be coming over to finish up the majority of the fence and that’s exciting.
Have a great day!

Karri
Here's the video for the day - On Christ the Solid Rock I stand by Avalon with Bible verses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM7vodGhOaE&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.