My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

January 12, 2012 - The Stupid Shot and Looking For Alternatives

Mark went to work and I went shopping at Target and then off to the doctors for the shot in my stomach. I have decided to look into alternative treatments, as I feel the effects of the chemo on my body and think there has to be another and better option.

Blessing: I guess I am trying to figure that one out today.

I sent Mark to work although he was willing to stay. I didn’t eat hardly anything yesterday as nothing sounded too good. Then at around 10:00 stomach pains were pretty bad and I drank part of a yogurt drink and took all my meds and slept pretty well except for the annoying cat that wakes me up throughout the night to let him in or out. At 2:30 I went in for a shot in my stomach which caused pain within 3 hours. It was then that I stopped keeping up with the blog and so everything from now until 1 – 19 will all be from memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.