My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

January 11, 2012 - To The Hospital 3 Times A Week For Months

I went in for my first round of chemo. I got there at 8:15 and was there till almost 3:00. I stayed by myself and sent Mark to work; after all I was just sitting in the chair the whole time. I once again was irritated that I am finding out things after the fact. I knew I was getting two med for chemo but I had a total of seven different meds put in me, Benadryl and steroids are two that I can remember off the top of my head. When the doctor came in I told her that I really want absolutely all of the facts and clear and not sugar coated. They said it would be 3 – 4 hours and it ended up being 7! On top off all of that, I have a ton of drugs to counteract the chemo drugs. Now here is the kicker, for the first time I was told that I will have to go to the hospital 3 times a week! The schedule is Wed. for chemo, pretty much all day and then Thursdays for a shot to get my white blood cells up and then again every Monday for lab work. This is for a total of 6 months, which is just ridiculous to me. I just wish that when I was choosing treatment options that they would have kindly mentioned this information. I can handle it but it’s all such an inconvenience. For anyone interested chemo is set up like a dentist office and you have curtains drawn around you while you just sit and read books, watch movies or whatever. This first time I did absolutely nothing but sleep here and there and look out the window at a blank building and parking lot. Mark wanted to know if I made friends with anyone there, but I have no interest in support groups or small chit chat at this point. I didn’t eat hardly anything yesterday as nothing sounded too good. Then at around 10:00 stomach pains were pretty bad and I drank part of a yogurt drink and took all my meds and slept pretty well except for the annoying cat that wakes me up throughout the night to let him in or out.

Blessing: My friend Bobbie watched my 3 boys so I could go and Mark took all the kids to church at night so I had a pretty peaceful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.