1. Hannah (16) and Holly (14) were both were chosen to go to Spain with our church to do three weeks worth of ministry work with students attending a English speaking camps. This will be Hannah's third year and Hollys first. They are very excited! They will go this summer and they are working towards saving the $1800 each of the trip. If you would like them to do manual labor or babysitting, please let us know. Also, if you would just like to donate (you can get a tax receipt) please mail a check written to Bridgepoint Bible to our address at 20403 Amberlight Lane Katy, TX 77450 and we'll get it there.
2. Mark is slammed at work, which is good and bad. He has many projects and has been working for the last 3 -4 weekends. It is very common these days that he'll work until 11 p.m -1 am and then come home to sleep 5 hours and then return. I am thankful that he is intelligent, good at what he does and hardworking. I am also thankful that he, along with four other men are getting partnership of the firm soon as the owner is preparing for retirement. This will hopefully help us out financially and that is very needed as Hannah starts college soon, well... she has already started taking classes, but I mean full- time.
3. I am thankful for the mornings. I have been sleeping much better for probably about a month now and I am so grateful to God for the rest I am able to get. I usually go to bed by 11:00 and I am waking at 4:30 - 5:00 usually and getting all kinds of great things in - Prayer and Bible, awesome book reading, some laundry and housekeeping and paperwork, etc.
4. I am super thankful with the way things are going at the school (Coram Deo). We had our first informational meeting last Monday and it went wonderfully, if I do say so myself, considering I was the one giving the presentation. I even had ladies come up afterwards and hug me because they had done the informational meeting circuit and had now finally found where they should be. It is very gratifying to see the blessings of obedience. I used a PowerPoint for the first time and ditched all the paperwork and so that was much better. I came home and went straight to work making the PP better the next time around; as there is always room for improvement. Oh, I have to tell you just about another miracle. We chose our English curriculum for middle school last Friday, then on Saturday I received a call from a woman at another private school that wanted to know if we wanted that same exact curriculum! It was brand new, in the plastic and everything and she even delivered it (over 80 books) on Monday morning. God constantly is showing His provision, direction and confirmation and I am so grateful!
4. I am super grateful for the men and women of God that pour out their hearts and souls through intelligent and Spirit -filled actions of obedience. I am reaping the benefits of this at our church, with friends, in books that I am reading, great videos posted on the web, etc. This world may be Satan's playground, but there are beautiful people and things everywhere if you are looking in the right places. I feel as though I have pulled back the curtain of God's glory a bit and daily seeing His works brighter than I ever have before. I am super blessed!
5. I am grateful for my children. I am grateful that they have had (and are having) good childhoods of support, consistency, love and blessings. Mark and I were talking yesterday about how and where we were as teenagers in our broken and dysfunctional childhoods and well let's just say we were in totally different places. Our girls have good hearts and intentions and are on the right path. I do not take credit for this at all, but instead give God so much thanks for His blessings in this area. I do not have to worry about my girls dressing inappropriately, being boy crazy, being spoiled bratty self- entitled kids that would do stupid things like sneak out, drink, smoke, hurting others for popularity, etc. Doing "typical" teenage is below them and they know that they are daughters of the King and well, they just aren't interested. I am not saying they will never get into trouble; but they truly know who they are in life and at their age I was still trying to figure that out and doing some pretty stupid things.
6. I am grateful for my health, my doctor, the great information out there, the supplements I take, my Vitamix, etc. I am so grateful to Beth for giving me the huge financial blessing and direction years ago that sent me down the right track with my cancer decisions. I am able to live a worry free life now in regards to life and death as I have made peace with God on my expiration date; meaning that whatever He decides, I am okay with it. If I found out I have cancer again, I would be sad and disappointed, but I would be okay and do my best to beat it, but I wouldn't freak out and worry because I know God has my best in mind. That gives me so much comfort and peace.
Okay, so that's it for today. Please try to think of your blessings and be thankful today. here's a song for you.