My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Friday, November 08, 2013

Thermography Test Yesterday - November 8, 2013

I must admit I was a bit nervous about having my first thermogram done yesterday. Not scared so much of cancer, but what it would mean in my life. To quote Roosevelt “The only thing to fear is fear itself.” That’s the part I don't like - the fear of worry and stress in my life. If ever cancer comes back, I know without a doubt that I can handle it through Christ who gives me strength – absolutely no doubt. However there is still the, Oh. What will I have to do? And how will my life change again? thoughts that run through my mind.
For the most part, I really like my life! I have a great hubby and amazing kids (that, yes drive me nuts sometimes); I have a great job and friends and well other than needing to lose weight I feel like I am in pretty good health (for the most part). I like my day to day life, although some days are good and some are not so good. I truly am happy and thankful to God for allowing me the freedom to make the choices I have and realizing the blessings they have been. The opportunities (good and bad) that I have had, continually make me who I am and teach me to be a better person every day, even when they seem so small and insignificant.  Cancer helped me become comfortable with the idea of my dying and trusting God no matter what. For that I will be eternally grateful. However just like everyone with a good life, I'd like to keep mine for as long as I can.

So, I went to Dr. Dawn Ewing in Spring, Texas and I was met at the door by a young man, working on his Japanese who asked if I was there for a thermography test.  He left me in the waiting room and within a minute or two a woman in her seventies came in and asked me to come back. I found out later that these people were Dr. Dawn’s son and mother. I can't remember the mothers name but she quickly went over things as I already had much knowledge of the subject and then I took off my shirt and bra and sat on a small spinning stool.  I filled out paperwork while my body cooled to the room temperature and then within about 15 minutes or so I had all the pictures taken; twelve in all.  I enjoyed visiting with this sweet woman that asked me questions about my previous health issues and such and told me of her own life as well. When the pictures were done, I got to look over them with her and they looked great! You really don’t want any white or red on your breasts as those are hot spots and are signs of infection (cancer). Thermography picks up things as early as six years earlier than that of a mammogram as the amount of cancer cells has to be high enough. I was actually shocked that I couldn't even see the tiniest little white spot. Now a radiologist has to look them over and so I can't say definitely, but by next week I should have confirmation. I was so happy leaving the office and I immediately Thanked God and then called Mark who said he had been praying.  I will plan to go back in 4 months for another thermogram to give us a complete baseline and then I'll do the testing every year from there on out.

Now the cost of this was only $150 which I think is a great deal. I avoided radiation and pain from a mammogram and found out the results quickly. I highly suggest that you do this and stay away from mammograms.

For more information check out this article on Why mammograms aren't a good ideaAnd see my previous post for information on Dr. Dawn and thermography.

Remember that you can always like my Pinterest pages and because I am constantly adding to them you'll get all that information on a regular basis. Healthy living and cancer prevention , Young Living and Neal's Yard Remedies are three that I suggest for all my readers.

Have a blessed day and enjoy my music pick for the day!
Karri

Get Down - Audio Adrenaline










No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.