My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Vine = God - June 18, 2013

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." 

During brain detox, which I have been talking about here in the last several posts, you are supposed to be working on capturing toxic thoughts and replacing them with the word of God and positive truths and so in the beginning Dr. Leaf asks the students to meditate on visualizing the verse at the top. Through visualizing I realized many things:
  • I have never visualized this verse before even after hearing it and saying it.
  • Visualizing made me think of God and what I see him like - I'm not going to say how I think of it as not to taint your thoughts when hopefully you do this too.
  • I realized that through visualization I could see God as the source of power for the beginning of the vine and then I saw Him giving life to all of the branches (good happy peaceful thought)
  •  I realized that branches have sticks on them and parts that are needing to drop off or be cut off (toxic thoughts and those things which are apart from the truth of God's word)
  • The tree in my mind was never a specific type of tree, but it could be a beautiful one like a cherry tree in blossom or a willow or a large strong old oak
So this is a bit of example from the first day of the detox. The first day is the longest because you are learning the grammar of the subject and all the expectations and so it takes 30 minutes or so.

Part of it is keeping record of toxic thoughts and replacing them with positive ones. 

Throughout the day if you have a negative thought you are supposed to replace it with you active reach for the day. The active reach can be a scripture you say or a small prayer or whatever and you should so that at least 7 times during the day.

I think this program can be positive and healing for anyone and everyone. I suggest that if you are going through cancer right now that you try to do at least this part for now. Dr. Leaf talks about how when we visualize we are actually changing  the chemistry in our brains and in turn actually changing our lives and future. 

I know when you have cancer all kinds of crazy thoughts can fill your mind. Fear, worry, doubts and more.
It can be downright scary! You have information overload often, especially if you like to learn and research like I do. You have trouble sleeping. You want to rest and shut down but you just can't. You feel out of control and uncertain about so many things. There is just no peace. I hope and pray that if you or someone you know has cancer that you will consider these things and pray about how God can change your thinking and your life.

Here are a couple more resources:


Scriptures for the day:

Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought to the obedience of Christ. (the anointed one)2 Corinthians 10:5

The LORD knows the thoughts of man, That they are a mere breath. {11)…When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.{16). Psalm 94

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:” Proverbs 23:7.

 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” Isaiah 30:21

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” Mark 11:23

 “And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.” 1 John 5:14-15

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” Philippians 4:8 

Please pray me too, I have many things going on, some not so pleasant and so I could really use the prayers.  My issues are with work, health and schedule. 

Thanks so much!
Blessings,
Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.