My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Recipes and Healthy Healing & More

Okay so I have been researching as I have hit a wall with psoriasis and my weight loss. I feel that there are many great resources out there that I haven't checked into and so I'm ordering the books and reading the websites and watching videos, etc....  in order to figure this all out. I want to do more reading, testing, healthy decision- making shopping, cooking and detoxification treatments. So here's some stuff I have found to share with you.

Here is a 36 page dwonload of healthy recipes:
http://lghttp.12473.nexcesscdn.net/805D70/magento/media/documents/ecookbook.pdf

Also I have started using Hemp Seeds and here's what I can tell you:
Hemp seeds are truly a super food, as they are packed with an impressive list of nutritional attributes. Perfectly balanced with a three to one omega-6 to omega-3 oil ratio, they are also an excellent source of gamma linoleic and acid.

Containing 10 essential amino acids, hemp seeds are composed of over thirty percent pure protein, making them an excellent daily protein source. They are also composed of 40 percent fiber, the highest amount of any grain on earth! Also containing disease-fighting phytosterols, studies show that hemp seeds, or even hemp milk may prevent heart disease, many forms of cancer, as well as inflammation-based diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.

I''m going to increase my vitamin D

7 Health Benefits of Vitamin D
There are many reasons to stock up on foods containing vitamin D, health benefits of the vitamin include:

  1. The prevention of chronic diseases such as many forms of cancer, osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension.
  2. The protection and lubrication of your bones, teeth and hair.
  3. The regulation of cellular growth and healthy cell activity.
  4. Overall reduction of the inflammatory response, a condition known to cause many chronic diseases, from cancer to diabetes to obesity.
  5. Protection against adult osteoporosis.
  6. Reduction in the risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
  7. Significant reduction in the occurrence of prostate cancer in African-American men. 
I started drinking this:
All the nutritional information and such is on the website. 

 That's it for now. I hope it helps

Let me know
Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.