My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Friday, April 19, 2013

Keeping on Track (Supplements Sheet & Biker Analogy) - April 19, 2013

It has been a difficult last 4 days. I started a detox diet from Dr. Hopkins, 21 days of fruit and veggies with water and tea and that is it along with extra supplements. One of the supplements is called Estro Flavone and it has wreaked havoc on my emotional health. I have been frustrated, edgy and this has caused me to yell and even scream at the kids. I was so out of character (not that I never yell), that  I even cussed and threw down a cheap Ikea kitchen chair to make my point when talking/ yelling at the girls. It was all about their needing to help me out more with doing their chores and not complaining or fighting with their siblings over stupid things like whose dishes are those in the sink that need to be washed. 
My normal stress of my life I can handle but throw hormones in the mix and I am a mess. Thank God I don’t have a monthly period anymore, due to my need for a partial hysterectomy 3 years ago. So, I am not usually an emotional basket case, but in taking this supplement  I was going nuts and so I called the office and talked to Dr. Hopkins and he told me to actually increase it and see if that helps and so I am walking on eggshells with my own emotions because I have no idea if this will get better or worse and I feel kind of like Jekyll and Hyde over here. If things gets worse he said instead of taking 2 pills 3 times a day I should go down to just 1 at breakfast. We'll see. 

So why take this Estro Flavone? Obviously, that was my first question and here’s the bottom-line. I have been at 172 lbs. for a while now which is really high for me. In fact that is an 8 – 9 months pregnant weight for me and so that is one reason to go on the detox my body is holding on to toxins and in survival mode.  I need it to flush out all the chemicals and balance out so I can get back to a decent weight for me which should be between 125 and 135 maybe even 140. Anyways, we are trying to detox my body of these crazy toxic and cancer causing chemicals and they attach to the Estro flavone and are eliminated out.  He said  that I was detoxing faster than he thought I would and that tells him I had a lot of toxin build up. I guess it's good and bad news.

I realized that I have never shared all of the supplements that I take and so I decided that since I have been asked that question many times I’d share the list of daily supplements and then eventually I’ll share the emergency ones like what I take when I  have a headache or sinus problems and such. I'll give you the list and the product information sheets with you in case you are interested in purchasing as well.

Now, I am not a doctor and I am not professionally suggesting anyone takes these.  I am only sharing what I am taking. I think you need to research on your own and get a holistic doctor to help you assess your needs. I will also say that these are all-natural pills and  you do not need a prescription for any of them. They are working for me, well for the most part and I will forever take certain things like the cod liver old and beta food pills for the rest of my life. I am taking between 75 and 100 pills per day depending on the number of extras for the 21 day detox where the numbers change per week. It's crazy, but it's my life.









9.  Coral Legend Plus: 1 take these to sleep I have taken anywhere from 2 - 8  and right now I only take 3 each night.  http://www.longnaturalhealth.com/product/Premier-Coral-Legend-Plus-90-Vcaps/PRCC90

Part of the Detox:

10. TLS Thermochome: (3) 1 3X's a day - This is new for me and for weigh loss http://www.shop.com/TLS+reg+Thermochrome+trade+with+Advantra+Z+reg+-568907730-p+.xhtml

11. Gastro - Fiber - (6) 2 3X's a day for the 21 days - https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/Gastro-Fiber

12. SP Cleanse: 3 - 7 capsules per meal 3 X's a day for the 21  days https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/SP-Cleanse


When I think about staying on track, this is the guy I'd like to be like. Hard work and perseverance paid off. Like this guys uses his bike to do great things, we can do great things with the Lord. I think of my knowing and listening to the Holy Spirit, understanding the truth of the Bible and working with the Lord's power. This guy knows his bike, his body and the elements around him well.  We should all move so well with the Lord in whatever it is we are called to do. We should know the Truth, the Spirit and ourselves.  It's really amazing! Enjoy and think about the analogy. He is passionate and enjoying the ride which is also  a lot of effort and energy. 


Blessings,
Karri

P.S. Please pray that I can get balanced on my emotions.



1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are going through that with the Estro Flavone. I had to chuckle a bit because I've been there. I promise it will get better. It has made me a totally different person I currently take 7 of them 3 times a day. You know Dr. Mark knows what he's doing. Trust in the process and have faith it will improve. Hang in there!
    Lova ya
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.