My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lord, is it you? - Feb 21, 2012

Lord, if it is you, Peter says" tell me to come to you on the water." Matthew 14:28

My friend Leslie, knows a woman named Sue who was diagnosed with stage 2B breast cancer 2 years ago. The cool thing about Sue, whom I have talked to via the phone today, is that she had done MD Anderson, the Brazinski Clinic and she's done some holistic stuff. She is in remission and doing fine. She said she has lots of info. to share with me and so tonight at 8:00 she's coming to the hosue to visit with Mark and me. I am excited for this oppourtunity. Tomorrow is the "Chemo Day" on the calendar and I still don't know if I am going or not. I am trying to make the best decisions based on what I know and I feel the Lord guiding me to do. Mark and I haven't talked  about things yet. It seems very hard for us to find time, and when we do, we are tired.

We cannot go to the Brazinski Clinic because it doesn't accept insurance. I can't go to places in Mexico or Colorado for healing. Those things are just not options and so being limited is probably a blessing in disquise. Friends are generously footing the bill at our holistic doctor right now which is a huge blessing. The biggest concern is "What if it spreads?" This issue, is an issue even with those that have had surgery, mastecomies and radiation even. You are forever looking over your back or walking on eggshells a bit aftrer being diagosed. It's only 128.6 women out of every 100,000 that get breast cancer in America.

Steve Jobs had tons of money, but didn't catch it fast enough with holistic and so it makes you wonder, Is this the right thing? Should we trust in God and holistic healing because that makes more sense to me right now? I don't know. I am not living in fear at all. I just want the answers delivered via little cherub in a nice little letter from God which says what to do step by step so I don't mess this up. Of course, I am kidding, well sort of.

Anyways, please continue to pray for God to make things clear and obvious and for us to follow whatever path He has prepared.

Have a great day!
Karri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.