My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

January 3, 2012 - Big Day - Told Stage 3

This was the biggest day so far. No tears whatsoever for
the last 8 days as I have just been educating myself with books, websites
and blogs in order to learn as much as I can. Doctors say I'm probably
still in shock. I haven't been scared, just wondering how I would do it all.
Mark and I met with the breast surgeon, Dr. Jo Pollack who said it's a 2B-3A stage cancer,

which is what I thought it was, however more
tests need to be run. The doctor said it can be cured at stage 2 or 3, but
we have to do testing to see if it has spread. If not I will be dancing the
happy jig. The largest mass was only biopsied in the middle and she thinks
it might not all be cancer through and through, which would take it to level
2B. She says chemo needs to be done soon in order to shrink the masses, the
largest being 8 cms. I am already scheduled to have another surgery for
bladder lift problems on the 24th and they are concerned about that. Her
first thought is push that surgery up sooner and recover or cancel it for 10
plus months out and start chemo first. She wants to do 6 months of chemo and
then do a double mastectomy and then do radiation possibly. She sent us next
door to the oncologist which is when a few tears and reality set in when I
saw all the people without hair, bald or in wigs doing their chemo
treatments. The oncologist said that she wants to do testing tomorrow so we
can see if it has spread. I have a grade 3 which is an aggressive cancer
which you can litterly see growing under the microscope. Its common in young
people (40 and younger) the good news is that it responds very well to chemo
and so we'll get started as soon as we can.
Blessings: I had a great heart to heart at a 7 year old level as Harrison
and I cuddled in bed and we talked about everything this morning. He was
very attentive and full of questions and concerns for at least 25 minutes! I
was really impressed with the caring and truly concerned suregeon and
oncologist that I met. A good friend, Bobbie watched our kids so we could
process things and talk and just have some down time. She is even had 4 kids
sleep over so that I can go and do more tests tomorrow morning. Mark's boss
gave him his lost pay back when he heard the news. What a blessing as Mark
had lost 20% of his pay 2 plus years ago! His boss, Larry, also said he's
there for him and our family however he can be! We made quick appointments
for the next day's tests and a follow -up appointment with the oncologist
for Friday. Thanking God for blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.