My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

January 20, 2012 - Our Anniversary

Our Anniversary (16 years!) I woke up at 6 and am typing before I get my ducks up and in order. Today I will get a shot after going to CC. It’s supposed to be 18 -20 hours after your chemo but I talked my doctor into letting me go 46 – 48 hours and so I am pretty excited. This way I can go to CC and then go get it. He just said no later than 3 and so we’ll see how I do. I feel o.k., just some of the new normal aches and pains. Surprisingly I only got 6 hours of sleep and I am excited and rearing to go. Experience has told me that even though I feel like that this minute it could change the next and so I am careful to try to pace myself today. I may even go into the sanctuary and lie down for a bit if I need to. We have no plans for our anniversary and we know that the shot so far has put me down pretty fast and so it’s almost like we are bracing ourselves for what is to come. It’s a new day though and who knows maybe it won’t be as bad. I plan to talk to my campus today and tell them I am sorry if I have said or done anything to hurt anyone, I have been processing things and have been a bit “curt” at times, according to one friend. Every day brings new thoughts, understanding and epiphanies. I have had more “ah ha moments” in the last few weeks than I think I have had in years. Anyways, Hannah is going to the ortho guy with Mark right now as her back is hurting – 7 a.m. app. Crazy! I need to get going to and so I’ll of course I’ll keep writing. It’s probably therapeutic and this way I can let many people know so it cuts down n retelling things for me.
Blessing: I have a wonderful hubby and we are still in love and happy to be with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.