My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

January 18, 2012 - Hope's Birthday

Hope’s 11th Birthday/ I had chemo from 9 – 2. Two friends visited, Rebecca in the morning and Brenda in the afternoon. It was great fun, but definitely not something I’ll do again as it was too much for me. I stayed awake and was exhausted after wards. For future visits, perhaps just one person is best. Brenda and I ran an errand and talked for a while and then I came home and slept from 4:30 – 6:00, hopeful that I could celebrate Hope’s Birthday at Fuddruckers with the whole family. I got to the car and we made it a few miles down the road, but it was obvious I wouldn’t be able to go and so they brought me home and I watched Mansfield Park and then took it easy. They enjoyed a nice dinner and then visited the pet store to look for a turtle.
Blessing: Hope had a great birthday, my negotiation skills were at a high as I talked my doctor into letting me drop the steroid which is standard protocol, but that I felt was unnecessary. They monitored me and everything went fine. - Yippee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.