My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

January 14, 2012 - Family Pictures Taken

Today was a much better day, in fact, even the pain wasn’t that bad. My friend Monica came over and took family pictures. We should have them within a few weeks. This is always quite an ordeal even without cancer because of the young ages of the boys and the fact that we weren’t matching and such because of a lack of time. I got up at 7:00 and we took pictures from 10 – 12. Then my friend Jennifer and I went to have pedicures and talked at Starbucks. Then went out with my friend Susan to Perry’s Steakhouse from 6:00 – 10:30! I made it from 7:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. I was so proud of myself! I was so surprised that I went from feeling like _ _ _ _ to feeling o.k. enough to handle a whole day. I thought I would be o.k.
Blessings: I have friends and a wonderful hubby that foot the bill and encouraged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.