My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Monday, February 20, 2012

Holly's B- Day and More Feb. 20, 2012

My perfect verse for the day:

Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, and plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12

So Holly’s B- day was great! She received a phone from us (that we had) along with several sweet calls, cards, gifts, etc. We went to church (this was my first time back in 6 weeks or more). We went to Smash Burger, then me, H2 and H3 went with Bobbie and Kara to  the movie the Vow and then we Fieglein girls came home and had dinner and Holly’s carrot cake (I had 2 bites without icing).  Mark had to go to work and so the kids were all to bed at 8:00.
Yesterday was “Missions Week” at our church, which was funny, as I never wear a wig, just a scarf and several people asked if that’s why I was wearing it. Funny! Anyways, I met a woman named Stacie at church that had a scarf on too. In fact her hubby came up at the beginning of worship and asked if I had cancer and if he could introduce us. Long story short we skipped church and talked on the couches. She has brain cancer. They have already removed the tumor completely and she is undergoing radiation, and in fact had cords hooked up to machine that she pulls around so she can do it without being at the hospital. She is 40 years old, has two kids, and she was diagnosed last April. Please pray for her. We plan to get together. Even though we don’t have the same disease (really, brain and breast cancer are totally different). We both have positive attitudes and Christ at the center and so we are very like – minded. Whenever I have talked to other patients that I know that are going through this many of them aren’t at all like me, which Yes, I realize opens a very big opportunity for me to discuss my faith , but sometimes it’s just nice to be with similar people that aren’t freaking out and have no God to trust in.  

My day today

6:00 – I’ll get ready to go.
6:40 – I’ll meet Bobbie at her house
7:45 - App. with Dr. Mark in the Spring Cypress area. Mark was going to go but he has too much going on with work.
10:00 – head home hopefully
11:30 – leaving with Brenda
12:00 - 3:00 - Our meeting at Logos with Aaron, the schools director.
4:00 – Home to clean and catch up since I’ll be gone all day.

I remember when the majority of my days were spent in sweats reading and doing school, but for right now this is where the Lord has me. I will be rejoicing when cancer is gone. I am very excited for my day! Please pray that God will make things obvious to me, His dumb little sheep today.

Well it’s almost 6:00 a.m. I need to go get ready. I pray that you have a great day whatever you do today!

Blessings,
Karri















No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.