My Story

I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Her2 positive breast cancer Dec. 27th, 2011. I had three large tumors in my left breast, I also had two positive lymph nodes and so with 5 positive biopsies I started my journey. In the beginning, it was a whirlwind and within a week, I was getting a port and preparing for chemo and the rush to save my life was on. Eight months later (August 20th) after stopping chemo (12 sessions) and not having surgery (a suggested double mastectomy) or radiation like my doctors wanted me to, I sat at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois and heard the results of a mammogram, MRI, Pet Scan and blood tests were that they could find no cancer in my body. The nurses and doctors were baffled and no one could explain how I could have had this terrible cancer and it was now gone, except for me. I said the Lord healed me through prayers, education, diet and supplements. I started this blog when I was first diagnosed, it is not just about on cancer, but my life and day-to-day thoughts and activities. There are suggested websites, blogs, videos and more here that I believe can benefit those dealing with cancer and those who want to be preventative. My hope is that you and yours will learn, be encouraged and healed. My family prays every night for those with cancer and that you will be not only be healed but that you will live long and happy lives.
Please check out the right side and scroll down to "This blog" for highlights.
Love and Blessings on your journey.
Karri

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

December 27, 2011 - mammogram and ultrasound testing - 99 % sure it's cancer

I went in for 3 hours of mammogram and ultrasound testing.
Dr. Sardina said 99% sure it was a complicated case of malignant cancer. He
said cancer when big enough can hurt. Three masses found, one in the armpit
which meant the cancer has spread to the lymphnodes. We told the oldest two
girls in the kitchen that night.
Blessings: The doctor, nurses and all the other staff were phenomenal and
super sweet and helpful. It was obvious that everyone truly cared about me
and my health and they took the time to be through and do the best job
possible. I appreciate the matter of fact way but yet caring way that Dr.
Sardina told me. He was willing to come in the next day to biopsy instead
of going on vacation which was his previous plan. My friend Jennifer was
able to talk with me afterwards and that was helpful. The girls took it o.k.
and weren't upset.

Note: I just happened to be reading a book in the waiting room called Don't
Call it a Comeback by Kevin DeYoung and right between testing, I read the
something comforting and true that only God could have provided at that very
time. Paragraph from Kevin DeYoung's book Don't call it a Comeback pages 29
- 30

Give them a God that who is holy, independent and unlike us, a God who is
good, just, full of wrath, and full of mercy. Give them a God who is
soverign, powerful, tender and true. Give them a God with edges. Give them
an undiluted God who makes them feel cherished and safe and small and
uncomfortable too. Give them a God who works all things after the counsel of
his will and for the glory of his name. give them a God whose love is lavish
and free. Give them a God worthy of wonder and fear, A God big enough for
all your faith, hope and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, please leave a comment or question for me.